Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Timewarp Tuesdays: Stiv Bators

Of course, he's a punk. How else would he get the name Stiv Bators? Anyway, he's a long dead punk and one of the ugliest people I'd ever seen, but I suppose he'd like that I thought that. Anyway you slice it, he was one heck of a rock star. I saw the Lords of the New Church live while in high school (same club where I saw Shriekback). My older brother went with me and once people people started breaking beer bottles, he---being the protective older brother he was---insisted we head home.

What was up with dolls in the eighties? Totally creepy cool, I guess. Gotta love the headbands, too.



Little known fact: Stiv was dating Bebe Buell, Liv Tyler's mom in the late 70's when Liv was just an infant. Guess he does remind me of Steve Tyler even if he is infinitely cooler. (And his real name is Steven, too.)

Here's to Stiv!

No comments: