Sunday, March 16, 2008

Faves: Red Ginger

Wood and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary this weekend. For all special occasions, we find ourselves here, at Red Ginger at Q and Wisconsin. We stumbled upon this unassuming Jamaican restaurant when Wood first moved here and I still lived in Salt Lake City. Wood lives much further up on Wisconsin and had been taking a long walk down to Georgetown. I saw that this was a Jamaican restaurant and having such fond memories of Jolly Bob's Jerk Joint in Madison, Wisconsin, I insisted.

Braised ribs, curried chicken, spicy collard greens, mac and cheese and a chocolate cake desert reminiscent of the our touchstone of chocolate cakes, the "magnanimous molten" at Boston's Finale later, we've never turned back. I still don't understand why this place isn't packed every night. It's one of DC's best kept secrets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Wow, has it already been 3 years?

Moya said...

happy anniversary! I'm so happy for you--and your meal sounds yummy. See you in May.