Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Cows Come from California

Today I dealt with some stereotypically passive-aggressive and negative East Coasters.* These attitudes put in stark relief my sunny California attitude. (My friend Jessica has even called me "easy-going.") I realize that I am probably considered either "hippy-dippy" or Pollyannish to those "smart" Atlantic coast cynics who "know better." This rift always makes me think of these TV commercials:



*There are many exceptions to this personality profile in New York City, but Washington is full of them.

And to support my point, this car was parked on my block... on a VW, no less.

:)

1 comment:

jls718 said...

Good for you for maintaining your sunny outlook! If there was ever a time and place we needed optimism, this is it! Smugness is counterproductive and, like, sooooooooooooo high school anyway!