Saturday, March 22, 2008

"Friday" Flashback: Wonder Woman

Ok, it's really Saturday, but guess who's been glued to the tele watching hoops?

Here's a retro flashback. Gotta love the girl power! I think you'll agree this was worth the wait.



What a bright spot that was in feminist history. The seventies was a great time for strong and glamorous role models. No wonder all my girlfriends are so damned cool.

No, I didn't have a Wonder Woman doll. (I wish I did!) But I did have Charlie's Angels dolls. Check 'em out on You Tube.

2 comments:

Liz said...

LOVED WONDER WOMAN! super concerned about the racial stereotypes in this ad though! actually, it's a bit hilarious how overt the racial demonization is. NUBIA? The super foe?? And a little African American girl plays her. Too much really. But yes, awesome time for smart glamour, critical race theory notwithstanding.

JennyTinDC said...

I picked up on that too, Liz. Very interesting, indeed. On the up-side, I think Nubia sounds pretty kick-ass. But "super foe," hmmm. Wish she was her partner in crime-fighting. That would have been true, grrrl power.