Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Timewarp Tuesday: The Cure x 2

Anyway, so Wood was telling me a story last night about how his friend Eric called from work. Eric told him that he had just seen The Cure.

And then Wood said, "Who's The Cure?"

"You don't know who The Cure is?" Eric asked with disbelief.

Wood could hear Eric's co-workers break out in laughter in the background.

My dear sweet boyfriend took it in stride. This post is dedicated to him.

Because The Cure had SO many good songs, I had a hard time picking just one, so you get two this week. Here is the video that, if you were a pre-teen or teenager in the mid-eighties, has to be burnt into your memory.



And even this next video suprised me, since while I LOVE early Cure the most, I don't believe that I have ever seen one of their earlier videos. The later quintessential goth (although arguably only in appearance, since The Cure wrote mostly infectious up-tempo pop songs), Robert Smith appears with short hair and no makeup! He's actually looks a bit like Ben Affleck, don't you think?

1 comment:

Liz said...

these videos were so bad but they felt oh soooo good. still getting tingles watching robert smith. made my best boy friend wear eye shadow and lip gloss in high school b/c of rs.

total cousin of ben affleck. i'm sure of it.

happy [belated] birthday, by the way!!!