Thursday, May 22, 2008

Friday Fave: SYTYCD?

What better way to start my vacay than watching the season premiere of So You Think You Can Dance? I am thrilled that dance has found its rightful place in American media. I am also convinced that this show could have not skyrocketed if we did not have the multicultural landscape that we have today. I mean, would a boardroom full of white men ever have put this on TV? (Ok, not to say that Fox isn't still full of white men, but the audience demand is there.)

Here's one of my faves from last season.





For the not-yet-converted the show follows the model of
American Idol, so the first few weeks are chock full of freaky auditions. (Not my favorite part of the show, but entertaining nonetheless.)

Next week's show the auditions go to SALT LAKE CITY, at last putting the region on the dance map, as if the championship ballroom dance team at BYU, the reknowned dance department at the University of Utah, and the numerous national-touring dance companies based there didn't do so already.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Love/Hate SYTYCD for the same reason I do AI. Love the raw talent. Hate the humiliation.
Live dance performance has an energy though that I don't know can be produced on small screen. Kind of not a fan. Loved the clip though so may give it another go.