Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Timewarp Tuesday: Vintage U2

Another vintage clip. Why U2 this week? Well, as I've been developing my guitar calluses, I actually learned how to play "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (chords, not all the cool stuff the Edge can play) this week in addition to having a "Sunday Bloody Sunday" this last weekend. (See last post for clues.)

I can't tell you how many times I've watched this footage from U2's "Live from Red Rocks" concert. It came out in 1983, during the early MTV days when they still had lots of music on "Music Television." They broadcast the whole concert several times. Do you know how many times a 14 year-old music lover can watch this seminal concert?

The answer: many, many times.

I own the live album on vinyl, too.

2 comments:

Liz said...

ok, bono's marching and skipping notwithstanding, i LOVED this man and this group. cried at the very sight of him kind of love. i had the cassette and listened until i became determined to save the world.

Daphne said...

My friend Stella got pulled on stage (a la Courtney Cox & The Boss) to dance with Bono.