Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Timewarp Tuesday: The Bee Gees Vortex

This week I'm going a little further back in time, but my contemporaries will appreciate this one. How this week's timewarp came to be... honestly, I was a the gym and heard the song "Emotion" by The Bee Gees. As I'm in a premenstrual funk/bloat, I thought. How appropriate!

Except then I got suck into the vortex of YouTube. You know, the one where you watch one thing, and then it suggests a bunch of new videos and then you watch one of those, and so on and so on, like a bloody shampoo commercial! Anyway, I went from Bee Gees to Andy Gibb to Leif Garrett to Leif Garrett with Brooke Shields to The Blue Lagoon and then I knew I was in the deep end.

So, back to dry land and to the Bee Gees images that are emblazoned in the minds of any girls who ever had disco dancing contests in their basements. Enjoy. (But don't get dizzy. I kinda did, but thankfully, I was sitting down.)



And here's "Emotion" in case you were curious. I vaguely remember the late 70's negligee-lip gloss-bedroom eye style. Man, were those wild times! (FYI: The Bee Gees do the back up vocals, if you're not clear on the connection.)


2 comments:

Liz said...

bee gees to barry gibb to bell bottoms to feathered hair to solid gold dancers to dionne warwick to casey kasem and then to wondering why you and i never took a trip to vegas and catch some "reunion" that was sure to be taking place. sigh. you owe me a dance contest.

Daphne said...

Samantha Sang is more of a drag queen than I remember!