Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Sober: Welcome to DC

A few days after the fact...but on 9/11 the Dupont Circle metro station was swarming with police. Not putting together that they were on alert because of 9/11, I decided to take a picture, as I often take pictures of cops, ambulances, and motorcades.


I snapped this shot, the cop turned around, having noticed my camera flash, and I ducked into the train, my heart racing. "Shit! What have I done! He's going to memorize the car I'm on and I'll be picked up at Metro Center and put under suspicion as a part of a terrorist plot! What I am thinking taking photos in the Metro in DC on 9/11!"

Well, that didn't happen. I made it to work as usual. Phew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

big city living at its best

Daphne said...

It's good to start your day with a little risk. I bet you were alert all afternoon! THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY IS PROBABLY READING THIS: "Hi!"