Thursday, February 7, 2008

Real and Raw: On My iPod

Tonight I went to a Georgetown club to meet someone I met in a French class. After a circuitous hour-long trek on public transportation (in this case, it was about twice as long as walking), I found myself at a posh bar with $15 drinks and plenty of people happy to pay the price. I had a feeling this crowd wouldn't understand that I was late because of the bus.

One woman told me that she does management consulting for firms dealing with weapons of mass destruction. She said it's not as scary as it sounds. (Really? I think.) I believe I'd stumbled upon a completely new breed of Washingtonian riche. A breed which is what I'm not, nor do I ever want to be.

This is the music I'm listening to tonight. Got to love Cat Power when you're feeling like you need to be in touch with something real and raw. Besides, she has the cutest grrrrl haircut and a "flying V" guitar. (It's from 1999.) Check it out.


No comments: