Monday, February 25, 2008

Drinks with Girlfriends

I was spoiled this last weekend. I had drinks (see above) with my friend Nanci on Friday night, and lunch with my friend Jessica on Sunday. Hanging out with girlfriends and being able to say whatever the Hell you want and feel like you have someone whose experience of the world is sympatico with yours is precious. We all know the feeling (and may encounter it daily) of wishing we could meet a friend for coffee and spend an hour or two just processing life together. I have great friends living all over the U.S. and abroad and so wish I could go have coffee with each and everyone of them right this second. But since I can't, I'm writing this blog instead.

Let's toast to drinks with girlfriends.

And in the spirit of grrrls, check out the Tina Fey "grrrl power" plug for Hillary! Thanks, Whitney for sharing.


2 comments:

Moya said...

I'm toasting to you now, Jenny--only with my coffee, not a cocktail (it is 9.53 am). I hope to see you in DC or NYC again very soon.

Emma Peel said...

A toast to you and your grrrl friends. Tonight I plan to toast a bit also, here:
http://wormweb.nl/agenda.php?id=1513
with a lot of other grrrls too... But in Rotterdam, the Netherlands!