Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Sickness: Bad Behavior, Part Deux

Ok, so if only the bad behavior ended there. Today, while Wood and I were at our favorite breakfast spot, there was a shooting down the street. Nice, huh? This is the second shooting in my neighborhood in the last two months and apparently muggings happen weekly. Welcome to the big city.

When we got on a bus, these two women started going at it, too, cussin' up a storm. I think they were having some dispute over a seat. From the looks of them, my guess was that one of them had to squeeze into a seat and accidentally sat on the other and then the daggers started flying.

To make up for bad behavior, I gave this elderly woman wearing mismatched socks on and no shoes sixty cents for the bus. While we were waiting for the bus, she proceeded to recount in detail her last several medical procedures. (I'm not sure the karma I received there was worth it.) As a veiled excuse to get away from her, I gave a dollar to one of those Street Sense guys. He proceeded to tell Wood he was blessed to have a girlfriend (a.k.a. "hot girlfriend") like me.

That was the excitement in my 'hood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Urban life!