Sunday, June 22, 2008

Saturday/Sunday Summary: Doing Less

Part of my commitment to slowing down has been, well, less blogging. So, while we are getting some pretty killer thunderstorms (the sky is the color of peach ice cream), I'll summarize my "crazy" weekend with a few photos.

Kicking it all off, I worked late on Friday, staying until after 6pm. (During the summer, our office closes at 3:30pm on Fridays.) Then I met Wood at the gym. I had a 7pm appointment with my trainer Darryl. Later we ate at Mixtec, which was the most over-priced, bad Mexican I have ever had. In fact, I just wrote a scathing review since no bad Mexican should go unpunished. Yes, I am a snob about Mexican food. And boy, do I miss Red Iguana.

On Saturday, we slept until 11 or so and then went to get brunch at Tryst where we shared a chaipuccino, my very favorite frozen drink. It made up for the bad Mexican, but it undid the good I did with my trainer. (Not the animal crackers you get with your coffee at Tryst!)

We watched the Euro Cup at Wood's place. (The Ruskies beat the Dutch and as of the time of this posting, they will be playing the The Spainards.) Then we went grocery shopping. Wood got his blood pressure taken at the new Harris Teeter! His b.p. was at first a bit high, but we attributed that to all of the fun we were having.

Later we watched our NetFlix pic Walk the Line to which Wood commented in all seriousness, that I am his June Carter. (Awww.) I didn't let on that I do believe that is the sweetest thing he has ever said to me.

Today, we got up, watched CBS Sunday Morning and then I took a field trip to a part of town to which I have never been---a sleepy neighborhood called Brookland, near Catholic University. I was checking out some real estate, which I've been known to do, just to see what kind of interesting opportunities abound in DC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sooo sweet Jenny.

Walk the Line is a great movie!